Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Chicken Apple Sausage Scramble, Sweet Potato Hash, Pumpkin Walnut Chocolate Chip Pancakes, Pear Bellini




I had some special guests from highschool staying with us this past weekend, so I wanted to create a really special brunch for them. My main goal was to use seasonal ingredients with a Fall theme. So my final menu became: Chocolate Chip Walnut Pumpkin Pancakes, Chicken Apple Sausage Scramble, Sweet Potato Hash, Roasted Pear Bellini, and fruit. I was also lucky enough to have fancy photos from the brunch, since one of my guest's friends decided to bring her fancy camera and send me the pics.

As you can see, the pics came out great! And now I'm seriously considering getting my own fancy camera. I think everything came out great, since I made enough food to feed about 10 and we nearly polished off all the food between the 6 of us. Although, I must say that I'm convinced the pancakes were a crowd favorite having seen everybody have nearly 4 pancakes each. But, it wasn't anything a nice brisk fall hike couldn't take care of post-meal.

Chicken Apple Sausage Scramble
-eggs
-cream or milk
-yellow onion (chopped)
-green onion (chopped)
-tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
-mushrooms (sliced)
-chicken apple sausage (diced)
-gouda cheese (grated)
-salt and pepper

Whisk eggs with a bit of cream or milk and season with some salt/pepper. Heat pan to medium high. Saute yellow onions, 1/2 the green onions, and mushrooms. Toss in sausage and brown. Lower heat to medium, pour in egg mixture. After 2 minutes or so, add cheese and tomatoes. Gently stir eggs until soft scrambled. Garnish with rest of green onions.

Note: I toasted walnuts, then ground them to put in the original pancake recipe. I also added chocolate chips to the batter.

No comments: