Thursday, October 8, 2009

Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce

I don't seem to be having a good cooking week, based on some of the mistakes I've been making in recent meals. So I went back to an old reliable recipe that I've re-created several times to break the bad streak. Unfortunately, the cooking muse just isn't cooperating with me this week. I moderately ended up overcooking the chicken, and the peanut sauce was slightly too salty and not peanut-ey enough. Oh well, I'm still not throwing out this recipe:

Thai Chicken Satay
Marinade:
-1/2 can unsweetened coconut milk
-1.5 Tb soy sauce
-cilantro
-garlic
-1 tsp turmeric
-1 Tb curry powder
-2 Tb fish sauce
-2 Tb brown sugar
-2 tsp white pepper

Marinate chicken (works best with chicken thighs) overnight. Grill on medium high till juices run clear.

I pretty much used Ellie Kriger's peanut sauce recipe. But, next time I'm going to adjust the amount of peanut butter that goes into it.

No comments: