Friday, October 23, 2009

Macadamia Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi over Sauteed Spinach and Garlic


The first meal I ever cooked for Raquel was Macadamia Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi, and I guess it was good because she's stayed with me for over two years and counting. This recipe is a Surfrunner original recipe that's been morphing into it's present state since my starving college days. I've always thought it was the perfect date meal, because it's semi-fancy, fast, flavorful, and not overly heavy. So I decided to make it last night, because she's been craving it for weeks. I served it over a bed of sauteed garlic spinach and a side of the leftover garbanzo zucchini salad. And now that her craving is finally satisfied, I re-hashed the leftovers to make a killer mahi mahi sandwich on toasted whole wheat bread for lunch the next day. yum.

Macadamia Nut-Crusted Mahi Mahi
-mahi mahi filets
-wasabi mayonnaise
-panko bread crumbs
-macadamia nuts (ground to approximately the same size as the bread crumbs)
-sea salt and pepper

Heat pan to medium high with a bit of extra virgin olive oil. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix panko, mac nuts, salt, and pepper together. Season the fish with salt and pepper. Lightly spread the mayo on the filets. Dredge the fish with the nut/panko mixture. Pan-fry the fish on both sides, until fish is seared and crust is golden brown. Bake seared fish on greased pan for 12-14 minutes.

No comments: