Thursday, October 22, 2009

Spice Rubbed Salmon, Tzaziki, and Garbanzo Zucchini Salad

Lately, Raquel has been making a solid effort to get into better shape. I'm not sure if it's because I inspired her with my race, or if she's attempting to look better for our beach vacation next month. I'd vote for the latter. Anyway, to support her effort I decided to make a light and healthy meal for us: Spice-rubbed Salmon, Tzaziki, Whole Wheat Pita, and Garbanzo Zucchini Salad. I'd like to say that I pulled this off successfully, but I hit road blocks the whole night, ie. spending half an hour trying to get our broken grill to work. Grilling is probably my favorite method of cooking, because it's healthy, the meat gets a crust/sear which traps in flavor, and it's outside. So as a compromise, I decided to pan-sear it, then cook it on low. But, somehow the texture didn't turn out quite right, and now my whole house smells like fish. Not only that, Raquel apparently didn't like the flat-leaf parsley that I used to season most of the dinner. So, note to self: don't use parsley next time, and bake the salmon. Oh well, at least Raquel appreciated the effort.

Spice-Rubbed Salmon
Rub salmon filet with convenient spice rub, and grill on high: 4 minutes per side.

Tzaziki
Throw garlic, mint, parsley, greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper in a food processor and mix.

No comments: