Friday, September 5, 2008

Meal of the Day: Rustica Salad and Farro

Inspired by Sidewalk Monkey's last post, I went out in search of a good salad for lunch. As I was driving down the street from my office, I spotted a very cute Italian Grocery store with a deli in the back. They happened to have exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

-Rustica Salad: Mixed greens (which included Arugula), fresh mozarella, juicy cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, and pepperocinis tossed in a light red wine vinaigrette.
-Farro with Fava Beans tossed in it's own light vinaigrette.

This is why I have to start carrying my camera. The meal was beautiful and extremely flavorful. And it has left me feeling energetic, refreshed, and healthy. How's that for a political statement?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for farro! I just had this for the first time at Diavola's, a restaurant in Geyserville. It came as a side dish with our sandwiches, and I liked it so much I made a point of asking the waiter what it was called. SO delicious!

Glad you enjoyed your lunch!