Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cause I would walk 500 (thousand) miles...

As some of you may have noticed, my latest goal bar over the last few weeks has been empty since I put it up. It's not really because I've been slacking in my running (although, I sort of have been), it's because I haven't uploaded any of my recent runs to the Nike+ system. Well, that's about to change because I just found a new form of motivation. Instead of prescribing my own running goals, I'm going to enter free Nike+ challenges that are hosted by Nike.

This particular one is the Nike+ Marathon Charity Challenge. The big-wigs are slated to donate up to $100,000 to the Children's Memorial Hospital and the Imerman Angels. But, that total amount only gets sent pending on Nike+ runners hitting 500,000 miles by 10/12/08. Now that's pressure. I think that's a great cause to be running for and I can't think of better motivation to run than helping out a sick child. If any of you out there on the internet have the Nike+ system, please consider jumping on this bandwagon, especially if you're going to go out and run anyway. Stay tuned to the Latest Goal Bar over the next couple of weeks to monitor our collective effort.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good for you! And what a great community effort.