Friday, April 3, 2009

Stuffed Pork Chops with Spinach and Roasted Bell Peppers


Omg, *drool*....this is truly an amazing recipe: Giada's Pork Chops stuffed with Spinach and Sun Dried Tomatoes. I loved the flavor combination, and center-cut pork chops are nice and lean. These cuts do tend to be pretty thick, so I finished it in the oven after I cooked it on the stove-top. Yet, they still came out tender and juicy. Raquel and I ended up splitting one pork chop, because we really didn't want a huge hunk of meat. And, if you supplement the meal with a fresh spring salad, then you've got a great balance of protein and carbs.
Here are my modifications:

-I used roasted bell peppers instead of sun-dried tomatoes, because Raquel just isn't a huge fan of sun-dried tomatoes.
-Substitute low-skim mozzarella instead of goat cheese.
-Substitute low-fat cottage cheese instead of cream cheese. I've always found that cottage cheese still adds that creamy quality, but without the fat.
-I had some pine nuts lying around, so I threw them into the vegetable mix for added crunch.

2 comments:

Mayumi said...

I am so so so so so glad you're coming to visit soon. :)

Unknown said...

want that dinner.