Monday, April 20, 2009

Grilled Miso Marinated Salmon and a Spring Salad with Miso Vinaigrette

I needed a good meal today. A light and healthy meal that would pick up some spirits. A meal that would rejuvenate us after a hot 95 degree Farenheit day. And a meal that would cheer up Raquel after her first day back to work after a 2 week vacation. I finally settled on Bobby Flay's Miso-Ginger Grilled Salmon with a spring salad. Boy, did that hit the spot. It pretty much hit all my criteria points, and I was definitely impressed with the flavor of the salmon.

I sort of made up the spring salad, but that was wonderfully refreshing too.

Spring Salad
-spring salad mix
-silken tofu
-shelled edamame
-minced ginger/green onions
-avocado (they're in season)
-juice from half a lemon (it keeps the salad fresh, and keeps avocadoes from turning brown)

Miso Vinaigrette
-minced ginger/green onions
-1 Tbsp white miso
-1 Tbsp peanut butter
-1 teaspoon honey
-1 Tbsp dijon mustard
-dash of rice wine vinegar
-dash of dark sesame oil
-juice from half a lemon
-whisk in vegetable oil until you reach consistency desired for dressing (not more than 1/4 cup).

We ended the meal with a light/fresh dessert of strawberries(they're in season), honey, and a pinch of salt. I swear, those strawberries were like a hand fruit. They were almost as big as small apples. I love seasonal cooking.

1 comment:

Mayumi said...

YUMMY!

If you guys had only stayed longer, I would have:

a. had you cook for us again.
b. cooked for you.
c. played more mah jongg.

xxxooxoxox,
may