Friday, April 17, 2009

Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Chile Coconut Tomato Salad


Today hasn't been a very good day. We both have the post-vacation in NYC blues, and Raquel got into a little fender-bender in the parking lot. So, I decided to make Raquel's all-time favorite meal to cheer the both of us up: Tyler Florence's Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Tomato Salad. Unfortunately, I didn't have heirloom tomatoes. So I just used plum and large hot house tomatoes instead. Also, I prefer the coconut un-toasted, and added pine nuts into the salad for crunch. And lastly, since it's avocado season, I threw in some really yummy avocado.

I can't say that Raquel is completely cheered up. We might have to adopt a puppy, because she REALLY misses Nahe. But, at least she has a smile on her face after that meal.

No comments: