Friday, April 3, 2009

Kona Coffee Chocolate Brownie Bites


It was another cranky Raquel monday, and I had to find another chocolate-y dessert recipe to soothe the beast. We found a winner, folks. Giada's Espresso Brownies. I can't believe it, but Raquel has already eaten almost half the pan by herself. These really are amazing brownies. Unfortunately, I didn't have any espresso beans, so I used ground Kona Coffee. But, since we both love that flavor, it wasn't a problem for us. Yes, since the ground is larger than espresso, the granules don't completely dissolve, but I didn't mind that. It kind of reminded me of munching on chocolate covered coffee beans. The only modification I made was to make my own brownie mix instead of buying a store-bought one, because you never know what they put in that. All you need is 1 1/4 cups of cocoa and 1/2 cup of flour, both sifted. It's not necessary to add sugar to the mix, because the glaze is already sweet enough. The one down-side of the recipe: Raquel was bouncing off the walls for the entire night. So I'd recommend not eating them before you go to bed.

No comments: