Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Caramelized Onion, Mushroom, and Asparagus Quiche with Grilled Asparagus

This meal was inspired by one of the meals that Raquel, Mayumi, and I had in NYC. It was the day that May and I were showing Raquel around the financial district, and May directed us to a cute little patisserie that had some amazing quiche. Anyway, I've been wanting to create that meal, but with a healthy spin. I usually like to defer to Ellie Krieger for healthy recipe makeovers, and this is what I found: Mushroom and Onion Quiche.

She actually managed to cut most of the calories, utilize a healthy oat crust, and pack it with vitamins without cutting flavor. That's my kind of makeover! My only change was to add some asparagus since they're in season. Luckily, I had enough leftover asparagus to grill them and sprinkle some Pecorino Romano cheese on top. I'm going to take a wild guess that Raquel liked it, because she washed the dishes.

1 comment:

Mayumi said...

YUMMY!!!

Can we make this when I come stay with you?!