Friday, February 6, 2009

Mac and Cheese with Bacon

You gotta love home-made Mac and Cheese. Lately, I've been on this kick to cook unhealthy, all-american, comfort food. And after last week's jalapeno burgers, I was in the mood for something warm and satisfying. So, I tried out Tyler Florence's Mac and Cheese with Bacon. Now, I'm actually a huge fan of Tyler Florence, because I just love his style. He lives in Nor-Cal and it shows in his cooking. Plus, you can never go wrong with bacon. But, it's me folks... I needed balance it out somehow. So, I substituted turkey bacon for the real bacon, and added in two diced red bell peppers. Also, I left out 1.5 cups of cheese and used skim milk. But, it still hit the spot! It's great training fuel and carb-a-rific.

1 comment:

Mayumi said...

Holy MACARONI!!

get it?

Can't wait to try some of these recipes ... you know, once I have a kitchen again.

SOB!