Friday, February 6, 2009

Chocolate Haupia Pie

At the moment, this is what love looks like for us. Sure, it may not be Ted's Chocolate Haupia Pie. But, it was made with love for a very specific person. Raquel and I decided not to celebrate Valentine's Day on the actual day, because it would be impossible to go anywhere and do something fun with the crowds. So, we're celebrating this weekend and this was my first gift to her: my own home-made Chocolate Haupia Pie. And, the huge smile that she gave me when she first saw the pie in the fridge is worth every calorie that we're going to consume. Happy Valentine's Day everybody!

2 comments:

Mayumi said...

hmmph. it's about time that you posted again. and i'm glad it's a FOOD post. YUMMM.

Unknown said...

THAT IS MY FAVORITE KIND OF PIE.

I requested it be one of the pies made at the wedding, and the lovely people cooking for the wedding had never heard of it but were all excited to make it. Can't wait!