Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Recipe of the Day: Cornmeal-Crusted Mango Salmon


Here's my innaugural foodie post: Cornmeal-Crusted Mango Salmon. Tonight's dinner was thanks to Food Network's Sunny Anderson. I didn't use any butter though and probably half the olive oil than what was in the recipe. Essentially what you're looking at is center-cut salmon, with a mango glaze and cornmeal crust. It's topped with leftover mango glaze and fresh mango. I'll have to admit that it didn't taste as sweet as I thought it would, but that's because I'm used to sweeter mangos from Hawaii. Still pretty tasty though! Give it a try!

BTW, the side salad in the background was made up of:
-mixed greens
-mint leaves
-grape tomatoes
-low fat cottage cheese
-garbanzo beans

Training Benefits from this meal:
-beans, cottage cheese, and salmon are good protein for post-workout recovery
-mixed greens prevents muscle damage in hard workouts

Alrighty, that's all I got for tonight. Happy Eating!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really really good! I might just have to try out that one :)

Mayumi said...

YUMMM!

I am SO glad I am SO bossy.

Unknown said...

YUM. and drool.

Jennica Goo said...

:) Thanks everyone. I had a heck of a time trying to get a clear up-close photo last night. I'm going to have to work on my photo skills. Did you know there's a whole profession for people to make food look good on camera? And usually the model food isn't edible in real life?

Sunny Anderson said...

hey surf runner, no need to post, but totally cool if you do. i have a google alert on blogs so i can keep in touch with people that catch the show. first, thanks for watching, and second i am so happy i had a recipe in your first foodie blog post ... really neat and then i see you have the same issue as i have for some time ... making food look good in a flick like it does in real life. check my post earlier this year about food stylists, the profession you mentioned in your blog. it's called "Making Food Ready for It's Closeup". Some basic stuff, but one interesting tip. and really, this is more i'm happy you like the recipe, i'm not here thinking you're a watcher of me, the food is where it's at! ok, well thanks again! sunny anderson