Friday, August 22, 2008

Huzzah!!

Check out the bright, shiny, "Congratulations" under my "Running Goal" application on the right sidebar. Yesterday, I finally ran the last 4 miles needed for my accummulated 50 miles in 4 weeks goal. As of late, I've been failing every running goal I set for the last 3 months. So, this accomplishment feels very sweet and, at the same time, long overdue. FINALLY!

I can't describe the little giddy feeling I get every time I've successfully completed a running goal. The closest thing I can think of is getting an A on a project that I've worked really hard on. But, even that case is different because there are consequences to flunking a class. The only thing I get from missing a running goal is a long session of self-berating. Yet, since it was a personal goal that I've set, it feels more important to me than a goal set for me by someone else. Funny how that works...

In any case, I'll be celebrating by leaving that application up for one more day, while I re-calibrate my sensor tonight. Stay tuned for a new running goal to be posted within the next couple of days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

woo woo! congratulations! you kick booty!

Mayumi said...

i think this should become a partial training and partial after-race extravagant cooking indulgence blog.