Friday, December 4, 2009

Pork and Pozole Stew

So, it's seriously cold right now. I'm freezing! So, I started looking for a dish that would warm us all up. Also, we were celebrating one of our favorite holiday traditions, The Victoria's Secret Fashion Show! It's a tradition that started a couple of years ago, when my good friend, Anthony, came over and introduced me to the show. Every time we watch, we end up critiquing the stage set, the fashion, the girls' walks, and the authenticity of their boobies.

Anyway, I settled on another dish from Cooking Light, which is slowly becoming my new favorite publication, Pork and Pozole stew. The meat was so tender and flavor, we loved it. Also, I don't normally use pozole, or hominy, in my dishes. But, I will now! You can get a massive can of it at Safeway for just a buck, it adds a nice texture to the stew, and has a load of vitamins and minerals. Plus, it's local. You just can't beat that. Lastly and most importantly, it was muy caliente, to reflect the muy caliente girls on tv, and to warm up the muy caliente girls watching them.

No comments: