Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Beef Stew and Brown Rice

No, I haven't abandoned my blog. I've just been kinda busy with work and vacationing in South Beach, Florida for Thanksgiving. In any case, I thought I'd post a couple of my back-logged meals here. It's true that I don't have a lot of red meat in my diet. But, after a brief consultation with Sidewalk Monkey, who is a licensed acupuncturist, apparently I have a slight blood deficiency from the lack of iron. So per her suggestion, I cooked some lean beef.

Growing up in Hawaii, I was used to a tomato-based beef stew. But, now that I've moved to the Bay Area, I've discovered that there's a lot of beef stew here that's red wine based, so I experimented with this Beef Stew. YUM-OH! I used extra lean beef, added a few more veggies, and served it over brown rice. The depth of flavor is so different from the tomato based stew. And this particular recipe even adds a zesty orangey tangy note to it. Give it a shot, and you'll see what I mean.

No comments: