Friday, September 18, 2009

Moules a la Mariniere, Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette


Last night was all about cooking with wine, because I had a bunch of open bottles in the fridge. Plus, I didn't feel like getting wasted on a thursday night. Who knew that it would be so flavorful, healthy, and most of all...easy! We're lucky enough to be living down the street from a 99 ranch market that sells a heap of fresh seafood for cheap. So, we ended up with Moules a la Mariniere (Steamed Mussels in White Wine) and a Fresh Salad with White Wine Vinaigrette. My mussels recipe ended up being a hybrid of Emeril's recipe and Bobby Flay's recipe. It didn't have any butter or heavy cream, but it had all of Emeril's spices plus Bobby's spices. The end product turned out to be this spicy, extremely flavorful broth. And trust me...it's all about the broth with this dish because it flavors the mussels too. I loved it. And, the absolutely delighted look that Raquel gave me when she walked through the door to our place smelling like a French bistro was priceless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this post, and I love mussels, and I love French bistros, and I love wine-based sauces, so I am almost 100% in agreement with you here, except for the part about not feeling like getting wasted on a Thursday night.

Jennica Goo said...

HAHAHAHA =) That made my day. Yes, well...normally i wouldn't mind getting wasted on a thursday night too. But, I had an early friday morning meeting and i'm still in hard core training mode.