Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chocolate Mocha Panna Cotta


A decadent meal needs a decadent dessert. And this Chocolate Mocha Panna Cotta, adapted from Giada's Espresso Panna Cotta, rounded out our dinner from the last post. There is no real way to make this dessert that healthy, other than to share one serving. But, I did use skim milk, light cream, and added fresh blueberries to the original recipe. Also, I don't have anything against using espresso, but I know that Raquel would be awake till 3 am if I used it. So, I substituted chocolate mocha cocoa powder. Luckily, all the changes didn't really sacrifice flavor or texture. The dessert was delightfully light, silky, and creamy. Judging from how Raquel was wolfing it down, I don't think I'm going to get away with sharing only one serving next time.

No comments: