Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Blackened Tilapia, Sauteed Baby Spinach, Blanched Broccoli, and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes

I'm seriously getting excited about Thanksgiving, especially since I'm hosting it this year and am planning a fancy menu. But, I wanted to eat lighter and healthier to balance out Turkey Day dinner. So last night, I ended up cooking Blackened Tilapia, Sauteed Baby Spinach, Blanched Broccoli, and Wasabi Mashed Potatoes. I must say that this meal was perfect for a light bite.

Blackened Tilapia
Ingredients:
-1/2 tsp chili powder
-1/2 tsp paprika
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
-1/2 tsp. white pepper
-2 pinches of Hawaiian Sea Salt
-2 Tilapia filets

Mix the top 5 ingredients together to create a dry rub. Season both sides of the Tilapia filets and pan fry the fish on medium high in extra virgin olive oil for 3-4 minutes per side.

Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients:
-3 Tbsp. wasabi
-2 lbs. new white potatoes (peeled and quartered)
-a splash of buttermilk
-2 Tbsp. sour cream
-1 Tbsp. "I can't believe it's not Butter"
-Hawaiian Sea Salt and pepper to taste

Boil the potatoes for 10-15 minutes. Drain. Mash with the rest of the ingredients.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of dinner. But don't worry, I won't forget to take a picture of Thanksgiving Dinner.

1 comment:

Mayumi said...

YUM, YUM! On a night before I have to make a big dinner, I eat something like Campbell's Mushroom Soup, straight from the can. You're my hero!