Thursday, July 10, 2008

Name That Tune

Taking a leaf out of Mayumi's blog, I've decided to play "Name That Tune" with my iPod. Why? Well, because I think it's fun and she had a really good idea. This doesn't really have anything to do with running, except songs from my running playlist may appear in this. I'm going to give you guys the first line from the first 25 songs which pop up on my iPod on random mode. Comment and guess the name of the song and the artist. I'll let you know if you're right. And as Mayumi says, no cheating and using Google.

***Answers posted in the comments section.***

Ok, here we go:

1. "Olha que coisa mais linda, mais cheia de graca..." **Jim got it**

2. "Hey baby girl, I've been watching you all day..."

3. "Alone at ballroom table, she was watching me watching her.." **May and Dave got it**

4. "Sayin' I love you is not the words I want to hear from you..." **Sidewalk Monkey got it, but by the wrong artist, she got the original one. I'm actually listening to the new one. Points if you know which artist it is.**

5. "You're just to good to be true..." **Sidewalk Monkey got the artist. M/D got the title**

6. "I love it when they try to get intimate, even though they know I'm not into it..."

7. "Aia i he'eia la, i ka nalu e he'e ana..." **M/D got it**

8. "Billy was born within sight of the shipyard..."

9. "On a perfect day, I know that I can count on you.."

10. "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot.." **M/D and Sidewalk Monkey (labeled it #6 though) got the song, Eric got the artist.**

11. "He's got a smile that it seems to me..." **Michelle got the title.**

12. "Amazing grace, how sweet the sound..." (obvious, but get the right artist)

13. "I dig my toes into the sand..." **Michelle got it**

14. "I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear down the walls that hold me inside..." **M/D got it**

15. "Well I said baby, I've been thinking about it lately, my heart is calling for you..."

16. "I know that you like my style (x2), we came here to turn you out..." **M/D got it**

17. "Oh no, I see, I spun a web, it's tangled up with me..."

18. "And I'm just a waste of her energy, ..." **M/D got the artist**

19. "Sounds like thunder, gotta head for the high ground..." **M/D got it**

20. "I'm finding my way back to sanity again..."

21. "I put your picture in my mirror, start to blush when somebody says your name..."

22. " Ua mehameha au, a'ohe hoa aloha, Ua nui na makahiki, a hele aku ho'i au..." **M/D got it**

23. "Johnny wanna be a big star, get on stage and play the guitar..." **M/D got it, but they mislabeled the number. It's their 21. I'm assuming they mean 23**

24. "It never really mattered too much to me, that you were just too damn dumb for me..." **Michelle got it**

25. "Back on the road again, feeling kinda lonely and, looking for the right guy..."

Alrighty...that was kind of illuminating. For me, at least. I think I need to update my iPod and clean out some of these playlists.

Note: I actually had to skip 4 songs or so because they were instrumentals. Somehow, I didn't think anyone would get "Dum de dum...ba diddly dum"

9 comments:

Unknown said...

#4 is More Than Words, by Extreme! I loved that song when I was in seventh grade.

Unknown said...

#5, is, I'm guessing, the Lauren Hill remake of "I Love You Baby (I think that's the title--anyway it's the refrain) and #6 is Joni Mitchell "You Don't Know What You've Got Till It's Gone (again, not sure if that's the title or just the refrain).

Mayumi said...

#3. Love, Ten Feet Away by Kolea
#4. relley got it
#5. relley got it-- but it's called "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You"
#6. Sounds like Janet Jackson (??)
#7. Heeia, by Hapa
#10. Got Till Its Gone, Janet Jackson OR Joni Mitchell song?
#14. Where the Streets Have No Name, by U2
#16. My Style, Black Eyed Peas
#18. It's by Jack Johnson, off the blue CD, and it has something to do with being let down, only we can't recall the title.
#19. Opihi Man, Ka'au Crater Boys
#20. Is it that song "Unwell" that you used to rock out to at our house?
#21. Gone Going Gone, Black Eyed Peas
#22. Mehameha/White Sandy Beach, by Makaha Sons.

K. Not going to take credit for slaughtering your list singlehandedly. It was a collaboration of Dave and I. haha!

JENJEN: you gotta mark the ones people got already!! Go back into the entry and edit them: italicize or change the font color! Makes it easier to keep the game going.

xoxoxoxoxo,
May

Jennica Goo said...

Jim emailed me #1. Here's what he said:

"The Girl from Ipanema" by Astrud Gilberto, Stan Getz, and Joao Gilberto.

Great job everyone!! I'm very impressed. So far, M/D are in the lead.

Jennica Goo said...

Eric has guessed #5: Big Yellow Taxi, Counting Crows.

Unknown said...

someone did a REMAKE of more than words? man, i feel old.

Jennica Goo said...

Man...no one is getting this Extreme remake...

Ok, here are Michelle's guesses:

#11: Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses (she only got the title. this is a cover)

#13: Wish You Were Here by Incubus

#24: Love You Down by INOJ

Jennica Goo said...

#1. Girl from Ipanema - Stan Getz, Astrud Gilberto, Joao Gilberto

#2. Leavin' - Jesse McCartney

#3. Love Ten Feet Away - Kolea

#4. More Than Words - Frankie J

#5. Can't Take My Eyes off of you - Lauryn Hill

#6. Long Way - Cassie

#7. He'eia - Hapa

#8. Island of Souls - Sting

#9. Can you stand the rain - Boyz II Men

#10. Big Yellow Taxi - Counting Crows

#11. Sweet Child of Mine - Sheryl Crow

#12. Amazing Grace - Boyz II Men

#13. I Wish You were Here - Incubus

#14. Where The Streets Have No Name - U2

#15. Secret Lover - Ho'okoa

#16. My Style - Black Eyed Peas

#17. Trouble - Coldplay

#18. Wasting time - Jack Johnson

#19. Opihi Man - KCB

#20. Breathing - Lifehouse

#21. When I See you - fantasia

#22. Mehameha/White Sandy Beach - Makaha Sons

#23. Gone Going - Black Eyed Peas

#24. Let Me Love You Down - INOJ

#25. Someone to Call My Lover - Janet Jackson

Jennica Goo said...

Note: KCB stands for Ka'au Crater Boys