Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Boogie Down




As promised from my last post about my hip-hop class, I've been able to snag a video (low quality) of our practice. This is only half of the routine, and I should be able to post a better quality full-length video soon. It's really easy to pick out my buddy, Victor. He's the tall, bald, chinese guy in the video. The other guy is our teacher. And, I'm the one with the black top and jeans. For the first part, I'm on the right side of the little girl, and in the second half you can see me charging towards the camera.

So are we finally tearing up the dance floor? You tell me. In my opinion, we're loads better than when we first started a few months ago. And I'm very proud of this class, because we worked hard. In fact, our first performance is coming up this Saturday. So, we've been having practices at least three times a week for the last three weeks. It definitely reminds me of my choir days, when singing with that group felt more like a profession than an after school hobby. Now, with that much time dedicated to dance, where does that leave me in my training?

I have to say that my body has never felt so tired from me pushing it. With the onset of our practices, I had to eliminate most of my long runs. And in it's place, I've split my run into two short runs; one during lunch and a quick one after work. Thus, naturally leading to triple workouts on some days. It almost feels like a test on how bad I want to be able to finish the half-marathon. Well, considering that this particular race has a time limit, I want to make it to the finish line bad. I do not want to face the humiliation of crossing the finish line after the officials have opened the roads OR be picked up by a bus that clears out the slow people.

So right now, my focus and dedication is split, but I only have one goal: Avoid public humiliation. The result: I'm a dancing/racing machine!

No comments: