Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Vegetarians

Lately, I've been meeting a very large influx of vegetarians and picky eaters.  Now, I have nothing against any of those except that I don't like limiting myself when it comes to food.  And, I've always subscribed to having a very balanced diet especially if I'm in the middle of training.  That being said, as much as I love fresh fruits and vegetables, most of the time I prefer to eat them very simply prepared and unprocessed.  So, my own experience in vegetarian cooking is limited to say the last.

So, keeping with the whole balanced philosophy; I decided to cook a vegetarian meal after the meat fest that was Thanksgiving.  I took advantage of being within walking distance of a fantastic farmer's market, where the fruits and veggies are always in season, fresh, and colorful.  And most people don't realize that if you treat your vegetable dishes with the same care as a main course meat dish, then you don't really miss the meat.  I truly didn't miss it, then again, sometimes I can be oddly vegan myself.  At least I'm ready to cook these new vegetarians dinner if they decide to come over.  Stay tuned for the slow-cooked pot roast that balances this last meal out.

Pan-Roasted Mustard and Sage Cauliflower; Caramelized Lemon Brussel Sprouts with Pecorino Romano


No comments: