Friday, March 26, 2010

Roasted Cashews, Sauteed Spinach, and Paneer in Tomato Yogurt Sauce; Broiled Butterfish in Tomato Coconut Curry


I treated myself, and my friends, to another decadent Vij's meal. Only this time, I'm knee deep the seafood section of the cookbook. Which, if you know me, is my favorite category. I was really interested in seeing an Indian interpretation on Hawaiian Butterfish (Black Cod or Sablefish). In fact, outside of Misoyaki Butterfish I hadn't really tried butterfish cooked any differently. I should've known that the delicate milky texture of the fish can easily blend with a rainbow of flavors. In this case, it was a light tomato coconut curry, which I personally associate more with Thai cuisine than Indian. Still, the dish was mouth-watering deliciousness!

For a side dish, I used one of Vij's interesting appetizers. I've never seen a combination of paneer, cashews, spinach, and yogurt sauce. But, wow! That was a really great idea! I don't know if that's a traditional Indian dish, but it's certainly a yummy one.

I'm really glad that I'm cooking my way through this cookbook. It's not only an adventure and tribute, but it's introducing a whole new wave of flavors to my palette.

No comments: