Friday, January 29, 2010

Shrimp Stuffed Poblano Chiles

I'm a huge fan of stuffed poblano chiles, but only if they are not deep-fried like they traditionally are. So, I've collected a few recipes that usually just involves just broiling or baking. Here's one of the newer ones I found from Cooking Light. Yum-o. It may look like a cheese/cream sauce, but it's really light with the suggestions they make. Plus, I just loved the combination of fresh seafood, creamy avocados, and the smokiness of the poblano chile. I'll definitely make it again, but perhaps not for Raquel because she can be occasionally lactose-intolerant. Here were my modifications:

Modifications
-use garlic, cilantro, and chopped serrano chiles as the base for the sauce
-add chopped avocado for texture
-don't broil the red bell pepper, chop it up and use it in the sauce fresh. it adds crisp texture.

No comments: