Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Seafood Saffron Soup

I kinda have been on the lookout for a good seafood soup recipe, because I'm freezing right now. So, I adapted this wonderful Creamy Garlic Soup from Cooking Light. Holy Moley, this one is definitely a keeper. It's just the right amount of heat, flavor, and nutritional balance that I usually go for. And I can't say enough how great it is to make your own soup stock, so I love that they incorporated that into this dish. Making your own stock really isn't as hard as it sounds, you can always just leave it on the stove to simmer down while you're watching TV, which is what I did. Although, I must say that I was surprised that the Cooking Light recipe lacked vegetables. So I added my own at the last minute, to keep the freshness and crunch. And since Raquel wasn't feeling very well before I made this, then felt better after she had this, I can honestly say it's good for what ails you.

Modifications:
-add sugar snap peas
-add baby carrots
-add minced garlic to soup in addition to the soup stock
-add minced serrano chile
-add basil

No comments: