Monday, August 24, 2009

Grilled Swordfish with Coconut Sauce and Tri-colored Orzo Salad

I made this dish on a really hot summer day, because it was so light and flavorful. A perfect ending to the perfect day. Grilled Swordfish with Coconut Chile Sauce and Tri-Colored Orzo. The only thing with swordfish is that it's usually a high-ticket item. So, I'm going to stick to making this dish when swordfish is in season and on sale. Then again, it's not like Raquel and I need large portions, so maybe we can stick it to special occasions. In any case, I loved this interpretation of swordfish with a light Thai spin. The ginger and chile really go well with fish. In fact, I'm drooling again after staring at this picture.

As for the orzo dish, I loved it. But, I think I'll need to make it more Raquel-friendly next time. She apparently isn't a fan of fresh arugula in a pasta dish. So next time, I'll probably substitute some sauteed spinach. And, since I'm not a fan of dried cherries, I substituted roasted red bell peppers for the dried cherries. Admittedly, it changed the intended sweet/salty balance of the dish. But, as far as flavor spectrum goes for pasta dishes, I've always favored the salty end.

No comments: