Monday, October 6, 2008

Recipe of the Day: Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies



Last week I had to take a sick day because of a massive headache. I'm not sure what caused it, but I've never been able to sit still when I'm sick at home. So, I ended up baking a healthier version of Food Network's Chocolate Chip Cookies. How is it healthy? Well, you've got to know the tips for healthy baking. For this batch, here's what I substituted:

-add roasted pecans for healthy protein.
-use dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate (dark chocolate is better for you as far as sweets go)
-use half the amount of regular flour and substitute whole wheat flour for the rest of it.
-use "I can't believe it's not butter" instead of real butter

As you can see, the color turns out darker than it normally does, but I can assure you that it tastes just as good. Give it a shot!

No comments: