Monday, November 2, 2009

Chocolate Strawberry Stuffed French Toast, Turkey Bacon, Herbed Egg Scramble

Raquel and I decided to try our first free Vinyasa yoga class offered by our gym over the weekend. Wowie! Even though it was a beginner class, that seriously tired both of us out. And I've been finding it interesting how the two of us are focusing on different points of the class. I was partial to how the whole time felt like a very long, calming stretch for my muscles that get tight after runs. So, even though I was tired, I was also relaxed.

On the flip side, as a climber, Raquel saw it as a workout and it helped her to focus on teaching her climbing muscles better control. Apparently, she felt like the class was an hour and a half of slow brutal push-ups. Thus, she was exhausted, sore and sweaty by the end.

Either way, we felt like a hearty brunch after class. So, I thumbed through my recipes and settled on Ellie's Chocolate Strawberry Stuffed French Toast. I decided on adding a side of 97% fat free black peppered turkey bacon, and herbed scrambled eggs made from my herb garden. My favorite part of this meal is that it was indeed hearty, but it didn't have a ton of calories. Hopefully, it didn't add on the calories that we lost from the yoga session.

No comments: