Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grilled Scallops, Spicy Chickpea Salad, and Caramelized Beet with Arugula Salad


Imagine my shock when I saw a sale for scallops in Safeway for a pack(12) of these large scallops for just $6. That pretty much guaranteed that we'd be dining on big, juicy scallops for dinner. Anyway, I scoured the food network site for a good recipe, and found this one: Cumin Grilled Scallops. It even had a nifty chickpea salad side dish. Loved it!! And as for an appetizer, I found this amazing Beet and Goat Cheese Arugula Salad. Perfect, because beets are in season.
Here were my modifications:
Scallops
-substituted green onions for chives
-added one grilled red pepper for color
-I didn't care for the tahini vinaigrette, so I made a Parsley Walnut Pesto instead
-grind some lemon juice, italian parsley, olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and walnuts together in food processor for pesto
All in all, it was a really healthy meal, not to mention colorful.

No comments: